About Larson Electronics
Larson Electronics was founded in 1973 as an industrial lighting company. With over 40 years of experience in the industry, the business offers its products to customers in the following sectors: government, military, aviation, oil and gas, processing, manufacturing, marine and hunting. Our mission is to provide customers with high quality industrial lighting products through reliable sales support and expedited delivery services.
We are a certified panel shop for electrical control equipment and explosion proof equipment. This means our facility is regularly audited and allows Larson Electronics to manufacturer power distribution, industrial controls, and explosion proof equipment without going through the individual process of certifing each individual build. This facility certification allows us to fast track the engineering and manufacturing of customized products while still being code compliant. Our engineers are knowledgeable in the following industry standards and recommended practices: ANSI, ASTM, ATEX, IEC, IECEx, IES, NEMA, NFPA (NEC) and OSHA.
Our facility is certified to the below standards via a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory:
- UL-508A - Industrial Control Panels
- UL-1640 - Portable Power Distribution Systems and Stage & Studio Portable Wiring Devices
- UL-698A - Industrial Control Equipment for use in Hazardous Locations
- UL-1203 - Explosion Proof & Dust Ignition Proof Electrical Equipment for use in Hazardous Locations
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 14 - Industrial Control Equipment & Power Distribution
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 25 - Explosion-proof or dust-ignition-proof Industrial Control Panels for use in Class II Hazardous Locations
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 30 - Explosion-proof or dust-ignition-proof Industrial Control Panels for use in Class I Hazardous Locations
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 213 - Non-Incentive Electrical Equipment for use in Class I, Division 2 Hazardous Locations
- NFPA-496 - Purged and Pressurized Enclosures for Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Locations
- ISA-12.12.01 - Non-Incentive Electrical Equipment for use in Class I, Division 2 Hazardous Locations
Larson Electronics LLC is an ISO 9001:2015 certified for quality control processes. We were one of the first companies in Texas to obtain the 2015 version of the ISO 9001 standard for quality management. You can view our certification by clicking here.
Larson Electronics extends its offerings to customers worldwide. Today, our products are being used by manufacturing facilities, refineries, military bases, aerospace facilities and paint spray booths. Our specialties include explosion proof and hazardous location lighting and power distribution for permanent and portable applications.
In the film and entertainment industry, our high grade luminaries have supported the production of several iconic television shows and movies, such as NBC’s Blindspot, Falling Water, War for the Planet of the Apes, Green Lantern, I am Legend and Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice.
As a leading expert in the competitive commercial lighting sector, we participate in exhibitions and expos to influence the development of our business. In 2016, Larson Electronics attended the Global Petroleum Show in Calgary, Canada; and the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, Texas. We also make contributions and donations to various organizations that rely on lighting equipment to expand their cause, such as the Wounded Warriors Anglers of America.
Products and Offerings
Larson Electronics has continuously evolved to meet the needs and demands of fast-moving customers. As a pioneer in the development of new lighting technologies, the company has expanded its core products with the release of portable power distribution systems, explosion proof lights and masts. In 2006, the business started producing light towers, portable fixtures and high powered surface mount luminaries.
Larson Electronics lighting equipment for oil & gas refineries, offshore oil & gas platforms, and power generation and water treatment plants includes Class 1 Division 1 & Class 1 Division 2 lighting equipment that is designed and approved for use in hazardous locations where flammable vapors, gases, and chemical compounds and materials may be present.
Oil and gas refinery processes can create explosive atmospheres and flammable conditions that require the use of HazLoc approved lighting equipment in order to maintain safety and meet OSHA compliance. Larson Electronics high bay led lights, instrinsically safe LED lights, high pressure sodium lights, metal halide lights, explosion proof fluorescent lights and drop lights offer UL approved protection and carry the certification necessary to meet compliance and maintain safety.
Below is a shortlist of our best-selling products:
- Explosion proof lights (LEDs, fluorescents, paint spray booth, portable, UL/IEC/ATEX rated)
- Corrosion resistant luminaries (for marine use)
- Light masts and light towers (mega towers, LEDs, metal halide, diesel engine, rechargeable)
- Solar powered LED lights and large format solar generators
- Remote control spotlights (HID, LED and remote controlled variants)
- Emergency lights (exit signs, rechargeable lights, beacons)
- Hunting and fishing lights (halogen, LED and HID)
- Construction, trucking and mining lights
- High powered stadium lights (metal halide, light towers, high intensity LEDs)
- Film and entertainment luminaries
- Portable power distribution systems for general area and hazardous area use
We also offers customized fabrication for businesses with complex lighting and power distribution requirements. We have several mechanical engineers on staff to assist with complex fabrication requirements; master electricians to assist with power distribution design and construction; and lighting designers who can prepare lighting layouts for even the most challenging rig, crane or building scenarios. We are one of the few who say ‘Yes’ to your custom requirements and have the resources to back it up.
Larson Electronics manufacture a wide variety of made to order custom products and systems. The pictures displayed on the website are a general representation of form factor and may not accurately represent this exact configuration in every detail due to being custom builds. The specifics for each configuration are listed in the spec sheet, wiring diagram, and manual.
With over 70,000 square feet of fabrication and warehouse facilities and nearly $5 million in fabrication equipment, including a variety of CNC lathes, mills, waterjet tables, plasma tables, CNC tube benders, CNC brakes, hydraulic shears, plate rollers, iron workers and other equipment, we are well prepared to build most any power or lighting solution to customer specifications.
We pride ourselves at quoting quickly. We have people on staff day and night to generate quotes for stock products. We strive to put forth custom quotes on small projects within a day and more elaborate custom configurations within two days. Most products on the website that can be shipped via parcel or freight service can be shipped the same day. We stock light towers, light masts and most explosion proof lights for immediate same day shipping.