PAR20 Light Bulbs
What are PAR20 Light Bulbs?
Parabolic aluminized reflector (PAR) 20 bulbs control light more precisely. They produce about four times the concentrated light intensity of general service A shape incandescents, and are used in recessed and track lighting. Like all light bulbs, the 20 value represents the diameter of the bulb in 1⁄8 of an inch. Therefore, a PAR 20 is 2.5 inches in diameter.
PAR20 LED Replacements: PAR20 is one of the best applications for LED due to its directional nature. LED PAR20 provide similar output and beam profile characteristics while using only a fraction of the power.
An LED PAR20 bulb helps project light in a precise or controlled space to help produce a concentrated beam. LED PAR20 bulbs are often used in recessed can lights, flood lights, track lights in offices, restaurants, retail stores, hotels, and other commercial applications. PAR20 LED bulbs provide a dimmable and energy efficient solution to creating brighter display lighting.
Both PAR20 and PAR16 bulbs are great replacements for incandescent bulbs, and that is because they use reflectors to accurately direct light. The light produced can easily be directed downward to achieve better spotlighting than other light bulbs.
What is a LED PAR Bulb?
An LED PAR Bulb is a highly intensified type of LED light that produces up to 4X the amount of concentrated light than traditional incandescent bulbs. LED PAR bulbs are energy efficient, cost effective, and require very little maintenance.
LED Par Light bulbs are so versatile that they are the bulb of choice for most LED Downlight, Recessed, and Track Lighting applications. The most common sizes of PAR bulbs vary in size from PAR16, PAR20, PAR30, PAR36, and PAR38.
LED PAR bulbs provide a dimmable, bright light that requires less energy to operate. Find the best prices on all your energy efficient LED PAR bulb for every situation here.
What are the Different Shapes & Sizes of PAR Light Bulbs?
"PAR" is an acronym for "Parabolic Aluminized Reflector", this refers to the shape and design of the light bulb.The commons sizes of PAR lamps are:
- PAR-16 (PAR16) is 16 eighths of an inch in diameter across the face of the bulb, or 2.0" (25.4mm) Maximum Outer Diameter.
- PAR-20 (PAR20) is 20 eighths of an inch in diameter or 2.5" (63.5mm) Maximum Outer Diameter.
- PAR-30 (PAR30) or 30 eighths of an inch in diameter or 3.75" (95.25mm) Maximum Outer Diameter.
- PAR-36 (PAR36) is 36 eighths of an inch in diameter or 4.50" (114.3mm) Maximum Outer Diameter.
- PAR-38 (PAR38) is 38 eighths of an inch in diameter or 4.75" (120.65mm) Maximum Outer Diameter.
- PAR-46 (PAR46) is 46 eighths of an inch in diameter or 5.75" (146.05mm) Maximum Outer Diameter.
- PAR-56 (PAR56) is 56 eighths of an inch in diameter or 7.00" (177.8mm) Maximum Outer Diameter.
- PAR-64 (PAR64) is 64 eighths of an inch in diameter or 8.0" (203.2mm) Maximum Outer Diameter.
ED PAR20 Bulbs: Understanding Wattage and Brightness
Wattage and brightness are often misunderstood. While most people think that the higher the wattage is, the brighter the bulb will be, this is incorrect!
- The wattage of a light bulb only refers to how much power the bulb is using.
- The actual brightness of a light bulb is determined solely by the lumen output.
- The size of the bulb does not influence the brightness and there are many different bulb options. This is what makes the PAR20 bulb such a viable replacement.
What do PAR and BR and MR stand for?
PAR stands for “parabolic aluminized reflector” and is best used in settings that require a focused, narrow beam of light. Most PARs do not exceed a beam angle of 45 degrees in most cases. BR stands for “bulged reflector” and is considered a wide-angle floodlight often exceeding 100-degree beam angles. MR means “multi-faceted reflector” and the most narrow of the bulb types mostly used as a spotlight.
Size comparison of PAR vs BR floodlights
It’s actually even easier grasp than you might think. The difference between a BR20, BR30, and BR40 is actually the size or diameter of the light bulb. The number represents increments of an 8th of an inch. For example, a BR30 is 30/8ths of an inch or 30 divided by 8 which equals 3.75″ in diameter. The same example applies to a PAR38. Divide 38/8ths of an inch or 38 divided by 8 which equals 4.75″ in diameter. Check out the comparison chart below. Don’t worry… we’re visual learners too.
Top-Rated PAR20 Light Bulb Supplier Online
Lightingandsupplies.com is a lighting distributor of Indoor & Outdoor Commercial and Residential light fixtures and light bulbs. Based in the US, we carry the top LED lighting brands like EiKO, RAB Lighting, MaxLite, naturaLED, Westgate Lighting and more of the Top Lighting Manufacturers in the United States. We also carry a wide variety of Horticulture products by Hydrofarm, along with ceiling fans by RP Lighting+Fans and Emerson Ceiling Fans. Lightingandsupplies.com also provides rebate programs, expert lighting design advice, and lighting audits for large projects. As a wholesaler, authorized dealer and bulk distributor of lighting products, we take pride in our customer-focused 100% satisfaction guarantee and return policy.